Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Defektors - The Bottom Of The City

The Defektors are a three piece out of Vancouver, BC that formed in 2006. I like just about everything I've heard from these guys so far. They have a dark in your face sound that at times, reminds me of early Wipers. There's also an attacking, nervous, punk groove to them, that makes The Defektors one of the more unique bands I've heard in a while. Their recorded output thus far has been Two singles, This full length, a self released cassette in 2009 and A new cassette only full length on Shake Records called Black Dreams. I've included a few of my favorite tracks from Bottom Of The City and Secret Trials, (which is still my favorite song of theirs)  as a bonus. Here's The Defektors Facebook and Bandcamp pages, go check them out.

Line Up -

Ben Fillups - Guitar, Vocals
Jeremy Haywood - Bass, Vocals
Evan Bruar - Drums

Nominal Records / Grotesque Modern

►►►The Dead Sell Pity◄◄◄

No comments: